Activity Forums Furnitology Woodworking Forum Woodworking Weekend Warriors

• thoworth

August 2, 2022 at 5:33 am

Nothing. To busy installing flooring in the new house. The miter and band saws are getting a workout though!

• K_Wa

August 3, 2022 at 3:27 pm

Hoping to get started on Mike Farrington’s kumiko lamp project from The Wood Whisperer Guild.

• LamensTermsWoodworks

September 12, 2022 at 7:01 am

Any luck getting this project started? 👍

• BluebillWorkshop

August 7, 2022 at 10:28 am

In the middle of staining the deck…no furniture this weekend! Made this med cab last weekend out of “home grown” red oak.

• Furnitology

Administrator
      August 7, 2022 at 1:21 pm

Looks great! I like the modern design element of the upper right corner.

• BluebillWorkshop

August 8, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Thanks…more pragmatic than fancy…needed a place to put my toothbrush and toothpaste! LOL

• RickSanchez

August 22, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Just rough built a egg crate box

• panfan20

September 6, 2022 at 9:46 am

I built this for a dog crate to give it use and go with the walnut furniture thruought the house

• BCo1732

September 8, 2022 at 6:10 pm

“Weekend” is a fuzzy word for me. My work schedule is flexible. But I made a thing…

• Paul76

September 10, 2022 at 3:26 pm

Working on some American flag concealment cases, I’ve got 5 orders for them right now!

• LamensTermsWoodworks

September 12, 2022 at 7:00 am

Those are really cool! Question. How do you get the colors of the flag to be so vibrant?

• Paul76

September 14, 2022 at 3:34 am

I torch the individual pieces that make up the face of the flag, then use a semitransparent stain and followed with a satin clear spray

• rswain823

September 20, 2022 at 4:40 am

Going to try and get this finished this weekend. Need to attach the top somehow, and I’ve got arm-r-seal coming in the mail tomorrow. Unfortunately while trying to sand some imperfections out of the wood, I messed up some of my lines. My first piece of furniture though, all by hand too. Unfortunately I found out about poplar being great for paint only after I built it, but I’m hoping this will do the tricj

• Furnitology

Administrator
      September 25, 2022 at 11:27 am

How’d this finish up for you? Any finished or progress pics you can post to the main activity feed? I’d love to see it!

• DevilDog

September 25, 2022 at 7:43 am

This weekend I was cutting a 1×4 for a small project I’m making using my circular saw and noticed it splintered pretty good. If I change the blade from a 16 tooth blade, (the blade that came on my Dewalt 20v 6 1/2″ circular saw) to a 40 or maybe even a 60 tooth blade. Would that eliminate the split tering

• Furnitology

Administrator
      September 25, 2022 at 11:25 am

Where is the splintering happening? If at the back of the cut where the blade is exiting, add a scrap piece behind your 1X4 to support the wood fibers from tearing out. You can also try wrapping with blue painters tape, then cut through the tape. That will also support the wood fibers. Yes, a higher tooth cross cut or combo blade would help since you are cutting cross grain, not ripping. Let’s us know what you find success with.

• Unclesnooty

September 27, 2022 at 4:09 pm

Put painters tape on the cut line

• Kyle

October 19, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Currently working on a wine rack. Pics coming tomorrow.

• davidci

November 12, 2022 at 5:21 am

Mobile miter station.

• Furnitology

Administrator
      November 21, 2022 at 8:04 am

How is the miter station coming along?

• rswain823

November 12, 2022 at 5:50 am

Boot Jack!

• Unclesnooty

November 29, 2022 at 12:39 pm

A while back I made my wife a noodle board (stove top cover) now everyone in my family wants one

• nkoontz

December 9, 2022 at 4:13 am

That looks really nice! That’s the problem with making nice things, everyone will want one!

• Measuretwice

January 4, 2023 at 3:37 pm

I need some help. My wife has challenged me to build a sleigh bed. I have looked at the one on FWW but looking for other plans. Anybody taken one on?

• Furnitology

Administrator
      January 12, 2023 at 10:27 pm

I haven’t taken one on and don’t have any plans, but Andy Rawls did a YouTube video on one he built. It’s not a project build video, but you might get some inspiration and pick up some tips.

Here’s the video.

• Measuretwice

January 14, 2023 at 12:06 pm

Wow, great video, thanks. I guess if you’re doing this for a living the CNC pays for itself

• BluebillWorkshop

January 12, 2023 at 5:40 pm

Just finished this kerfing saw…working on the Roubo frame saw next.

Page 1 of 2